CFA Society NZ Investment Conference 2023
Future Focus; Emerging Trends in financial services
On 25 May 2023 CFA Society NZ hosted members, CFA candidates and finance professionals at the Maritime Room, Auckland. The sold-out event had an outstanding line-up of speakers from New Zealand and overseas.
Our sincere thanks to our speakers, organisers and everyone who contributed to the event.
1. Numbers and narrative: Modelling, story telling and investing
Aswath Damodaran, Professor, NYU Stern School of Business
2. Farm and fortune; Issues shaking up the investment landscape
Kelly Eckhold, Westpac
Dr Sebastian Gehricke, University of Otago
Dr Jacqueline Rowarth, Independent Director
3. Behavioral Finance: The third generation; Finding well-being
Meir Statman, Glenn Klimek Professor of Finance, Santa Clara University
4. Under pressure: The economy and the end of cheap money
Dr Oliver Hartwich, The NZ Initiative
Craig Stobo, Professional Director
5. Terminator Finance; Are we ready for robots to take over our portfolios?
Dr Paul Geertsema, University of Auckland
Dr Michele Aghassi, CFA, AQR Capital Management
Kathryn Kerner, NZ Super Fund
6. Democratisation or the new wild west? Are online investment platforms levelling the playing field?
Anthony Edmonds, InvestNow
Leighton Roberts, Sharesies
Paul Gregory, Financial Markets Authority
Alister Van Der Maas, CFA, (moderator)
7. Brace for impact: Finance’s evolution from profit to purpose
Barry Coates, Mindful Money
Maria English, Impact Lab
Justine Sefton, Advisory Board for Impact Investing
John Horrell, CFA, Makao Investments & Director, CFA Society NZ