CFA Society NZ welcome nominations for two board positions to commence November 2021.
Please complete this form to nominate a person, or self-nominate. Nominations close 30 September 2021.
The society’s nominations committee will assess all nominations and agree two nominees which it will recommend to members to vote for at the AGM 23 November 2021 (or by proxy statement).
Recommended criteria for future Directors
- A member of the society, or a person with specific skills of value to the Society and its aims.
- Has attended society event(s) in the past year.
Board member commitments
- Participate in at least 75% of board meetings.
- Attend 75% of major events and as many regular events as possible.
- Further the interests of the society and its members by connecting with interested parties in their local investment community and reflecting a positive image of the society, CFA Institute, and the investment profession.
- Adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards.
Ideal qualities of board members
- The ability and motivation to add value to the society for example:
- Contribute to society programmes and events
- Provide access to other resources.
- Lead a special project or committee (as needed).
- Contribute through expertise in a relevant specialist area.
- Raise awareness and activity of the Society (and related aspects including CFA Program, Designation, and CFA Institute), through established professional influence and connections.
- Assist the management of society affairs.
- Strategic direction and governance of the society.
- Someone who will provide a fresh perspective and/or complement the abilities of other board members.
- Someone who listens actively, communicates effectively, and shares equally information with all board members, officers, and committees.
- A member who is sensitive to the demographics of the membership.
- A member who works well with others and respects diverse opinions.