Become a member of CFA Society New Zealand with our Associate Membership. Key to the membership is ethics training formed from the CFA® Program, and ongoing ethics professional development.
For some background on why the Associate Membership was developed, please link to an article on why ethics in finance matters
Benefits of Associate Membership
- Being part of CFA Society New Zealand and aligning with the globally recognised CFA brand;
- Connecting with the local and global community of CFA charterholders;
- CFA Society New Zealand events and resources;
- Exclusive offers such as a Kaplan Professional Ontrack (professional development resource and PD tracking);
- Initial ethics training and ongoing ethics professional development, and
- A point of difference within a competitive market. Associate Membership shows your commitment to putting your clients’ needs first.
Become an Associate Member
- Complete an online application; standard membership or for CFA candidates/charter pending
- Applicants need at least two years professional experience in the financial service sector and/or related industries such as consulting, academia or government, or have passed level one of the CFA Program.
- Successfully complete online ethics training, or have passed level one of the CFA Program. The online ethics training is based on the ethics content from the CFA Program. There are six modules that take approximately eight hours in total, with three months to complete.
Standard 1: Professionalism
Standard 2: Integrity of capital markets
Standard 3: Duties to clients
Standard 4: Duties to employers
Standard 5: Investment analysis, recommendations and actions
Standard 6: Conflicts of interest
- Complete ongoing ethics professional development; at least two hours a year.
- Members submit a Professional Conduct Statement every year and abide by the CFA Society New Zealand Incorporated Rules.
Email us to get more information about the online ethics training, or to receive the full Associate Membership information pack.
- Standard membership; $250 (incl GST)
- CFA candidates who have completed level 1, and CFA charter pending; $50 (incl GST) Note: this discounted rate is available to each person for a limited period of time
- Special/group pricing is available for 10 or more applications, please inquire.
“I found the course material both comprehensive and stimulating, with a wide range of learning tools available.
The CFA Program is the cornerstone of the CFA Institute. Finance professionals who have the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation have successfully completed all three levels of the challenging and highly regarded qualification.
Associate Members are members of CFA Society New Zealand, not directly with CFA Institute. However, Associate Members do benefit from being part of the network of CFA Societies worldwide.
- Integrity and standards – The renowned CFA Program establishes high standards in ethics, integrity and professional excellence.
- Insights and learning – The Institute is respected for its research and contributions to the finance industry.
- Community – CFA Institute has a global network of 170,000+ CFA® charterholders in 165 countries and regions.
CFA Society New Zealand
CFA Society New Zealand has over 560 members, including CFA charterholders and Associate Members. We also support CFA candidates; with over 900 people sitting CFA Program examinations in New Zealand in 2021.
CFA Society New Zealand’s mission is to lead the New Zealand financial services profession by promoting the highest standards of ethics, professional excellence and education for the benefit of all users of financial services. CFA Society New Zealand is one of the 151 CFA societies globally.
Promoting your Associate Membership
- Associate Members should state they are an: ‘Associate Member of CFA Society New Zealand’
- You can use the CFA Society New Zealand logo click here
- Please note that only CFA charterholders, who have successfully completed the full CFA Program, are permitted to use the CFA designation after their name